Murata has announced the availability of its MGJ2 series, a new line of surface mount DC-DC converters. There are six lightweight models in this series each having a 2 W power rating and are available in a module that measures 19.49 x 14.99 x 4.39 mm. These converters have 15/-5 V, +15/-9 V, and +20/-5 V bipolar outputs. They are ideal for IGBT and SiC-based MOSFET gate drivers used in industrial, renewable energy, and mobility applications
Key features of these DC-DC Converters:
- Common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) that exceeds 200 kV/µs.
- Continuous barrier withstand voltage up to 2.5 kV, plus 9 mm creepage and clearance separation distances.
- Extended operational temperature range of -40 to +100 °C.
- Built-in short circuit protection mechanisms.
- Certified UL62368 compliant for 250 VAC reinforced insulation.
- ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1 certification is currently pending.
Key applications of these DC-DC Converters:
- Medical Equipment: Imaging (X-ray, CT, MRI), ultrasound, and defibrillators.
- Industrial Equipment: Motor drives/motion control, UPS, inverters (solar, wind, etc.), high power AC-DC PSUs, EVs/HEVs, arc welding equipment, CNC machines (milling, drilling, etc.), robotics, high power industrial (e.g., induction heaters).
Click here to learn more about DC-DC Converters from Murata.