Monolithic Power Systems, a power solutions provider for telecom infrastructures, cloud computing, automotive, industrial, and consumer applications, has launched a new 16 V input, quad-output DC-DC step-down power module - the MPM54504. The device has an output array that can provide up to 5 A of continuous current per output, with excellent load and line regulation across a wide input range.
The MPM54504 has internal auto-compensation, which means that external compensation components are not required. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to 5.5 V and can be set via a single resistor. It has constant-on-time (COT) control that provides ultra-fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), short-circuit protection (SCP), under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
Key Features of MPM54504:
- Quad-Output Step-Down Power Module with 5 A per Output.
- Wide 3 V to 16 V Input Voltage Range.
- 0.6 to 5.5 V Output Voltage.
- 5 A Output Current per Channel.
- Fixed 1 MHz Switching Frequency.
- Constant-On-Time (COT) Control for Fast Transient, No External Compensation Required.
- External Configurable Soft Start-Up Time.
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing.
- OVP, UVP, OCP, SCP, and OTP.
- Available in a BGA (9 x 15 x 5 mm) Package.
The MPM54504 integrates a monolithic power stage, inductors, and supports passive components for high efficiency. It is available in a BGA package that measures 9 x 15 x 5 mm and is ideal for multi-rail Point-of-Loads (PoLs), FPGAs, DSPs, and ASIC applications.
Click here to learn more about the MPM54504.