Traco Power has introduced the THN 30WIR series of DC-DC converters designed for highest reliability in harsh environments. With an output power of 30 Watts, this series expands Traco Power's portfolio of EN 50155 railway certified 1 x 1 " DC-DC converters having a wide input voltage range. The THN 30WIR is shielded by a metal enclosure on all six sides for lowest susceptibility to electromagnetic interference. Its full encapsulation guarantees highest resistance to thermal shocks as well as mechanical shocks and vibration.
The THN 30WIR has a power conversion efficiency of up to 91 %, and can operate at ambient temperatures ranging from -40 °C through up to 65 °C without derating. It also doesn't require additional cooling. The THN 30WIR is EN 61373 certified for mechanical shock and vibration and EN 45545-2 certified for fire behavior. It comes with IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 safety approvals.
Key features of the THN 30WIR series:
- Encapsulated in 1 x 1 inch metal package.
- EN 50155 and EN 61373 certified.
- wide 4:1 input voltage range: 9-36, 18-75, 36-160 VDC.
- -40 to 65 °C without derating.
- up to 91 % efficiency.
- up to 3000 VDC I/O-isolation.
- EN 45545-2 fire behavior.
- remote on/off and trim function.
- undervoltage lockout (UVLO), short-circuit protection (SCP), overvoltage protection (OVP) and overtemperature protection (OTP).
- 3-year product warranty.