Taiwan Semiconductor has introduced the TESDH5V0U04P2Q1, an ultra-low capacitance ESD protection diode that includes two unidirectional ESD rated clamping devices to protect high-speed data interfaces. This will protect sensitive electronic components connected to data and -or transmission lines from over-stress caused by ESD (Electrostatic Discharge).
The TESDH5V0U04P2Q1 has a unique design that includes a proprietary clamping device in a small package. During transient conditions, the proprietary clamping devices prevent over-voltage on the control/data/power lines, protecting any downstream components. The TESDH5V0U04P2Q1 will provide ESD protection up to ±20kV (contact and air discharge) according to IEC61000-4-2 and withstand peak pulse current up to 4A (8/20μs) according to IEC61000-4-5.
Key Features of TESDH5V0U04P2Q1:
- ESD Protection for 2 high-speed I/O channels
- Provides ESD protection for each channel to
- IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±20kV (air),
- ±20kV (contact) to IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) 4A (8/20us)
- Low clamping voltage: VCL = 22.2V @ ITLP = 16A
- Ultra-low capacitance: 0.65pF
- Ultra-small package DFN1006-3L
- Fast turn-on and Low clamping voltage
- Moisture sensitivity level: level 1, per J-STD-020
- RoHS Compliant
- Halogen-Free according to IEC 61249-2-21
- Computers and peripherals
- IEEE 1394 Firewire interfaces
- PCI Express I/O
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 interfaces equipment
- SATA and eSATA
- HDMI 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0
- Portable Electronics and Notebooks
- Industrial Interfaces i.e., RS485
Click here to learn more about the TESDH5V0U04P2Q1.