APEC is now accepting paper digest submissions for the technical program, APEC 2023. APEC 2023 will be held in Orlando, Florida, from March 19-23, 2023. The event continues to be the long-standing tradition of addressing issues of immediate and long-term interest to the practicing power electronics engineer. Interested authors wishing to present a paper must submit a digest for consideration by August 12, 2022.
Topics of interest are divided into thirteen tracks:
- AC-DC Converters: Single-Phase and Three-Phase Input, Power Factor Correction, CCM, DCM, CRM/BCM Control, Bridgeless, Embedded AC-DC Power Supplies, and External AC-DC Adapters and Bidirectional AC/DC Converters
- DC-DC Converters: Hard- and Soft-Switched, Resonant Converters, Point-of-Load and Multi-Phase Converters, Voltage Regulator Modules (VRM), and Bidirectional DC/DC Converters
- Power Electronics for Utility Interface: Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Power Quality, UPS, Filters, Distributed Energy Systems. SmartGrid, Solid-State Transformers, Metering, and Bidirectional Grid Interface Converters
- Motor Drives and Inverters: AC, DC, BLDC Motor Drives, Single- and Multi-Phase Inverters, Sensor Integration, Actuators, and High-Performance Drives
- Devices and Components: Power Silicon MOSFETs, BJTs, IGBTs, GaN HEMTs, SiC MOSFETs, and BJTs. Fast Recovery Diodes, Capacitors, Supercapacitors, Interconnects, and Fuses
- Power Electronics Integration and Manufacturing: Power Electronics Packaging, Power Modules / High-Density Design, Thermal and EMC Management, Quality and System Reliability, Embedding Technologies, 3D Packaging, and Additive Manufacturing, Production Processes and Design for Manufacturability
- Modeling and Simulation: Circuits and Systems, Device and Component Modeling, Parasitics, Software Tools, Rapid Prototyping
- Control: Control of Power Electronic Converters, Current-Mode and Voltage-Mode Control, Digital Control, Sensor and Sensor-less Control, Gate Drive Circuits, Control ICs, MCUs, DSPs, FPGAs, and ASICs
- Wireless Power Transfer: Wireless Charging, Energy Harvesting, Power for IoT, Non-Contact Sensors for Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy Systems: Photovoltaic (PV) Inverters and Micro-Inverters, Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Wind Energy Conversion Systems, Fuel Cells, Grid-Tied Systems, Bi-Directional Power Converters, Microgrid Systems, Energy Storage Systems
- Transportation Power Electronics: Vehicular Power Electronic Circuits and Systems, Power Electronics for Hybrid and Electric Cars, Power Electronics for Aerospace, Charging Systems
- Power Electronics Applications: Lamp Ballasts and LED Lighting, Network and Telecommunication Power Electronics, Defense and Military Power Electronics, AC-DC-AC Applications, and Matrix Converters, Portable Power, Energy Harvesting
- Magnetics: Advanced Magnetic Materials and Geometries, Magnetics Applications, High-Frequency Magnetics, Additive Manufacturing, Magnetics Modeling, and Simulations
Prospective authors of Technical Program papers are asked to submit a digest explaining the problem that will be addressed by the paper, its major results, and how it is different from the closest existing literature. Technical Program Papers presented at APEC must be original material and not have been previously presented or published. The principal criteria used by reviewers in selecting digests for the program will be the usefulness of the work to the practicing power electronics professional. They also value evidence of completed experimental work.
Click here to register for APEC 2023.