STMicroelectronics introduces USB Type-C Power Delivery 3.0 adapter is a USBPD reference design solution. The EVLVIPGAN50PD is an isolated power supply based on the VIPERGAN50 a new offline high-voltage converter from the VIPerPlus family with a 650 V HEMT Power GaN transistor, designed for quasi-resonant flyback converters, capable of providing an output power up to 50 W in a wide range. On the secondary side, to increase the system efficiency, the rectification is based on the SRK1001 adaptive synchronous rectification controller.
Still, on the secondary side, the CC/CV regulation loop to drive the power regulation stage and the USB Type-C PD interface is based on the STUSB4761 controller. This controller offers the benefits of a full hardware USB PD stack allowing robust, deterministic, and safe negotiation in line with USB PD standards.
The evaluation board implements a robust adapter protected for output overvoltage, output under-voltage, output over power and output short-circuit. This reference design, based on STMicroelectronics semiconductors, helps designers to develop adapters with a short bill of materials to obtain a cost-effective and fast design.
Key features of VIPERGAN50:
- Input voltage range: Universal AC from 90 to 264 VAC with 47 Hz to 63 Hz frequency
- Output voltage: 5 V, 9 V, 12 V, 15 V, 20 V
- Output current: 3 A at 5 V, 9 V, 12 V, 15 V, and 2.25 A at 20 V
- Maximum output power: 45 W
- Efficiency standards: Meet CoC Tier 2 and DoE Level 6 efficiency requirements
- Peak efficiency: > 92 %
- Support for USB-PD, Type C output connector
- Meets IEC55022 Class B conducted EMI
Click here to learn more about VIPERGAN50
Click here to learn more about SRK1001
Click here to learn more about STUSB4761QTR