AiT Semiconductor, a leading innovator in semiconductor solutions, has recently launched the A7121, a 1.2MHz constant frequency current mode PWM step-down converter. It is ideal for portable equipment requiring very high currents up to 2A from single-cell Lithium-ion batteries while still achieving over 90% efficiency during peak load conditions.
The A7121 can also run at 100% duty cycle for low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems while light load operation provides very low output ripple for noise-sensitive applications.
The A7121 can supply up to 2A output load current from a 2.5V to 6.0V input voltage and the output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. The high switching frequency minimizes the size of external components while keeping switching losses low. The internal slope compensation setting allows the device to operate with smaller inductor values to optimize size and provide efficient operation.
The A7121 is available in DFN10 (3x3) and PMSOP10 packages.
- Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 6.0V
- Output Voltages from 0.6V to VIN
- 2A Output Current
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 1.2MHz Constant Switching Frequency
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches: 0.15Ω
- Allows Use of Ceramic Capacitors
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Fault Protection
- Soft Start
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown Current : ISHUTDOWN < 1μA
- -400C to +850C Temperature Range
- Available in DFN10(3x3) and PMSOP10 Packages.
- Cellular Phones
- Digital Cameras
- DSP Core Supplies
- Portable Instruments
- MID or UMPC.
Click here to learn more about A7121J10R-ADJ